Life and work have been eating up all my time, so I have had no time to write anything about what's been going on. I finally decided to take a break from work, sit down and try to catch up with things.
Although busy, I have been updating my libraries; adding deatures, fixing bugs and trying to get some structure going. The libraries are used by a good number of projects, so I figured it was about time to make some of the changes known. First off, I started tracking versions and keeping changelogs for the different libraries (Only those that have changed since I started version tracking have changelogs right now). The libraries can all be found on my Source Code page. As for some of the specific changes....
xmlseclibs - The changes made have for the most part been implementations of feature requests from various persons and/or projects. Two of the biggest happen to be the ability to create enveloping signatures, support for xpath transformations, inclusivenamespace prefix list support and support for adding chained certificates. Full change list can be found in the ChangeLog.
infocard-lib.php - In order to make the library a bit more flexible, while also maintaining BC, the private key can now be passed as a parameter to the processCard method rather than being defined as a constant. More noteable, however, is the addition on a third argument ($sslEnabled default True) to processCard() method. With the latests specs, A relying party is no longer required to use SSL in order to accept Infocards. This makes it easier for parties not requiring high levels of security (such as blogs - although personally I would prefer to maintain a higher level of security) to accept Infocards. This added feature in the library provides the flexibility to accept for encrypted (SSL enabled) and non-encrpyted (non-SSL enabled) cards using the same API and only requring a different value for the parameter to swtich between the modes. Note that newer selectors such as CardSpace with .NET 3.5 or a recent version of Openinfocard is required. I haven't gotten around to testing other selectors so it is likely others such as DigitalME also support non-SSL enabled interactions as well.
Serendipity Infocard plugin - This is still an alpha version as I need to get the installation more streamlined as well as add support for the non-SSL enabled interations, but I finally got around to releasing the plugin. In fact I was able to upgrade my system to use Serendipity 1.2 and am currently using the plugin myself.
Outside of those things, I will be presenting at both the PHP Quebec conference (March 12-14) and php|tek (May 20-23).
I will be giving presentations on Identity (OpenID and Infocards) at both, SOAP tips, tricks and tools (PHP Quebec), XML Reader/XML Writer (php|tek) and giving a workshop on Web services at php|tek.
Over the next few days I plan on writing some entries and providing some new demos in regards to infocards and identity selectors. They will not be tagged for the PHP feed, so anyone interested and not subscribed to my feed, should check back sometime during the week. I can defninitely say that there has been alot going on with the Openinfocard selector and DigitalME works great on my Fedora 8 system.